After creating some digital collage type images inspired by Elena Fortunati's FENSTER series I decided to try creating a physical collage using images I collected from magazines. A collage is the assembly of different forms to create a new piece of artwork, it can include paint, newspaper and magazine clippings and many other different medias. I looked through a bunch of magazines from our art department to gather sections that I could put together. I found one magazine that had a series of fashion photos taken through different kinds of doorways. I really liked this idea so decided to incorporate some of these doorways into my collage and find some interesting outdoor images to put on the other side of them. I also found this really interesting image of a women who reminds me very much of model and singer Sky Ferreira. I loved how she was presented so decided to put her into my collage as I think she gives a really interesting mood to the piece as she looks slightly deranged and vengeful.
I'm really pleased with how my first collage turned out so I decided to photocopy it and experiment with adding more elements to it. In my first experiment I decided to adding back in the most bold colours in the original collage with oil pastel. I also highlighted parts of the elevator door with foil to give a more futuristic look to this image.
For my next experiment I decided to play with the more grainy quality of the black and white photocopy by adding earthy colours of brusho to give a really aged look to the image. However because I sprinkled the brusho onto card it didn't get absorbed and I had to dab it dry with tissue which didn't make the effect look as good in my opinion.
After not being too happy with my brusho experiment onto card, I decided to photocopy my collage onto paper so that the water and brusho would be absorbed better. I really like how this turned out as it looks so vibrant and textured and I used the brusho to emphasise the colours onto the original image.
Overall I am pleased with how my first collage turned out and would like to experiment with other ways of creating collage work.







Mind blowing your blogs information I love proud that you are amazing blogger posting thanks for sharing online platform this type of information for new student College is an important stage in every student's journey. It provides knowledge, practical skills, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Beyond academics, college helps students develop communication, leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving abilities that prepare them for successful careers.
ReplyDeleteA positive college environment encourages innovation, creativity, and lifelong learning. Students participate in seminars, workshops, cultural events, sports, and community activities, which help build confidence and broaden their perspectives. Modern colleges also focus on industry-oriented education, digital skills, internships, and research to make students job-ready.
Education is not just about earning a degree; it is about gaining the confidence and experience to face real-world challenges. Every lesson learned in college becomes a stepping stone toward achieving personal goals and contributing positively to society.
Graphic Designing course in Delhi NCR,
Best Fine art Institute in Delhi NCR
Best Fashion Designing institute in Delhi NCR
Best Interior Designing institute in Delhi NCR